Monday, June 23, 2008

i was once sitting on top of the world...

i don't use this format to vent so much anymore. when you've already said too many things you regret, it's better not to have it around for posterity.

there's a lot of things that are the way they shouldn't be. on the small interpersonal scale and of the world as a whole.

i shouldn't be surprised by anything, i shouldn't get so fed up with everyone and how they think they know everything so well, but when it comes down to it, we're all so self-absorbed that anything outside of ourselves is profoundly subjective.

i couldn't find a youtube of my favorite song by the late great morphine, but these lyrics ring more true than they should.

"People they want to give you free advice
Well that's something that I always try
But you get what you pay for that's what I say
And now I'm paying and paying and paying
I lost everything I had
I'm starting over from scratch..."

1 comment:

Randal Graves said...

I always charge for bad advice.

You aren't quitting the blogging business, are ya?