Tuesday, August 26, 2008

planned obsolescence

My roommate and I went to Best Buy last night in pursuit of blank CDs. Both of our little stereos are on their way out and I decided to take a look and see if I could find a cheap, basic boombox for the apartment. Hers doesn't shut all the time, and mine won't play blank CDs anymore.

Evidently this is harder than I thought it would be.

See, I still make mixtapes on a regular basis for friends or for personal enjoyment in my car since I have neither a CD player or an MP3 player and am too cheap to bother upgrading at this point.

I couldn't find a single one that had a tape player, but they all had docks for your ipod or whatever. It's another one of those times when I start feeling like I haven't really adapted like I should be.

Guess I'll have to start hitting up garage sales or something...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you said it sista! GARAGE SALES!!!

Valerie said...

go to marc's.