Tuesday, August 12, 2008

cut your damn hair

So I'm heading downtown to catch the rapid back to the west side when I see all these gothy looking pre-teen girls hanging out by the House of Blues. It looks like the Hot Topic Fashion Show and I'm wondering what on earth could possibly be this exciting and I looked up on the marquee and sure enough, Tokio Hotel is playing in my town tonight.

I really don't understand Tokio Hotel at all. Evidently the girls think the singer is pretty hot stuff. He's prettier than I am and that's scary. Teenybopper and glam or whatever the heck it is just doesn't register.



The rest of the band looks like rejects from all those nu-metal bands that were popular back when I was in high school and the music doesn't really sound like anything exciting. Kids these days...

then again, being a fan of heroin addicts who kill themselves isn't that much better



On the other hand, my show was pretty good this morning:

fugazi - by you
the editors - orange crush
the undertones - teenage kicks
matthew sweet - girlfriend
love - my little red book
neil young - rocking in the free world
idlewild - modern way of letting go
joey ramone - what a wonderful world
new order - age of consent
j dilla - ruff draft
natalia y la forquetina - amor es rosa
digable planets - rebirth of slick (cool like dat)
afghan whigs - citi soleil
telescopes - spaceship
curve - fait accompli
50 ft wave - golden ocean
primal scream - step inside this house
althea & donna - uptown top ranking
finley quaye & beth orton - dice
cal tjader - soul sauce (fila brazilia remix)
dj shadow - building steam with a grain of salt
haran - by way of haran
alvin youngblood hart & sharon jones - my soul is a witness
masonic wonders - i called him
john frusciante - omission
ceu - rada (bombay dub orchestra remix)
kristin hersh & michael stipe - your ghost

2 comments:

Randal Graves said...

He may indeed be a handsome devil but he ain't prettier than you. Though to be fair, you don't have that thermonuclear hair.

I prefer my heroin addicts to slowly off themselves instead.

Hey, I've heard of some of those acts. I understand young people!

Anonymous said...

I'm afraid I'm one of those crazy fangirls myself, but I must admit: sometimes it scares the shit out of me as well. On the other hand: I really love them, I really do, and I can't imagine a life without them. I don't know these guys personally, but I do know their music personally and I fell in love with it. You can't even see a single piece of my wall anymore: it's all covered up in TH-posters. I believe I'm obsessed - and that's exactly what scares me: I have no grip on myself. Haha, but I love my guys. I can understand your vision, really. But I believe I'm also one of the oldest fans around :'D I'm 19. BUT. It's not like anyone really cares |D I just had to laugh when I read this piece of writing. Not because I think it's ridiculous, because I think it's funny ^-^. Keep up the good work!