Monday, August 11, 2008

miscellaneous

In other news...

My first fill-in show didn't go so well. The playlist was decent but the sequencing was awful. I was already exhausted by the time I got there and it showed. Such is life.

My new roommate has moved in. She is awesome.

So is Sweethearts Cafe over in Chinatown. No other place in Cleveland where you can drink green tea and watch the olympics to the soundtrack of slow jams and crunk hits. It's weird but for some reason it kind of works.

My family's dog isn't doing so well either. She's 14 years old so she's had a good life but the thought of her dying still makes me sad.

I went to the Ethiopian service at church yesterday with my roommate because she knows everyone there. They were all really nice, the music was on a pentatonic scale, and I loved seeing how they do things, especially considering that their traditions of Christianity predate most of Europe's and the country was never colonized by anyone.

We hung out with the kids downstairs last night and they were dancing in the rain and put a talent show on for us mostly involving new dances and the secret handshake from the cheetah girls. They came upstairs for some orange pop and I only had two cans so I had some small glasses I'd gotten from my great uncle and poured it in there to make it go further.

It didn't occur to me that three elementary school kids would be clued in that these were shot glasses and they proceeded to do shots with the orange pop, slamming the glass down on the table and telling me to "POUR ANOTHER ONE, BABY!!!"
saying they learned how to do this from Granny and the TV.

1 comment:

Randal Graves said...

Proof positive that teevee can be edumacational.