Tuesday, May 17, 2011

indecision clouds my vision...

I drove from the east side to the west in the rain with earplugs in my ears, a roaring engine, a continual metallic grind that turned out to be my exhaust pipe dangling on the ground. It was so loud that when I got to the shop, the mechanic came outside to meet me because he could hear it all the way down the street and gave me a ride home so I didn't have to walk in the cold and wet.

I appreciated it, but ended up going back out, bundled up in layers like winter, to pay rent, circle around a block of streets I once frequented more often. I keep hoping I'll see my old Puerto Rican neighbors because I kind of disappeared last year, but it's still too cold. Kids were getting out of school and the old men were sitting on park benches like they always do.

Having a couple extra hours for hibernation has been good, spent in classic single chick style with the neighbor's kitties, episodes of Daria, tea and mango ice cream. Any attempt at creativity has eluded me for awhile now, and it seems I'm only good for snarky asides and I'm going to try and conjure up a painting for some friends getting married next week though I can't decide what I want to do with it besides some colors already laid out and some designs to work with. I hope the inspiration comes soon because it's just not there right now.

3 comments:

øשlqæda said...

i was workin construction in tweaker town last weekend & amazingly enuff, this jam came on the radio providing some much needed sunshine. in fact they played a whole 'block' of faith no more ditties. regarding inspiration [or lack thereof], my mama used to say 'when all else fails, paint an owl'

that girl said...

Thanks Owl!
Also, your tuneage has been rocking my world (and my block of college radio airtime) since I stumbled across it.

Randal Graves said...

Evading exhaust pipe impalement is always a good thing.