Monday, August 3, 2009

wind and water

Attempting to learn how to make right... there's something in me that desires restoration. I know that this is not always possible but it's definitely something to aspire to. I can't stand drama and I'm no good at handling conflict. I tend to avoid it because I know that it's just so easy to make everything worse.

It seemed like everything was going on this weekend, but the only thing I made it to was a friend's housewarming party and the Lakewood Art Festival where I talked to an Orthodox priest for awhile about icons and found a Bob Ross-style painting for $2 at a resale shop that will be covered over with an art project in the near future, and ten CDs for a dollar at the Exchange (surprisingly good ones). I love the jewelry and pottery and paintings they have at those things but I can't afford any of them so I just walk around and people-watch and get inspired.

Took one of the families grocery shopping and then me & Alex went to Edgewater and chilled for awhile, drinking pop, skipping stones, watched the sunset, drove around listening to old dancehall.



Like last year, this summer has taken me places I never thought I'd be, and I haven't left Ohio yet. I've always taken things as they've come, and it always amazes me where I end up.

1 comment:

Randal Graves said...

All your happy little trees are belong to us.