Tuesday, August 18, 2009

playlist 8/18/09

groove armada - hands of time
tv on the radio - love dog
incubus - aqueous transmission
dengue fever - sleepwalk through the mekong
nina simone - black is the color of my true love's hair (jaffa remix)
keith & tex - stop that train
otis redding - your precious love
the bellrays - have a little faith in me
monobojo - cabidela
goodie mob - free
erykah badu - penitentiary philosophy
funkadelic - you & your folks, me & my folks
the chambers brothers - all strung out
sharon jones & the dap-kings - how long must I wait for you?
manu chao - por lo suelo
dennis brown - what about the half?
calexico - alone again or
U2 - dancing barefoot
soulsavers - revival
twilight singers - live with me
lamb - this could be heaven
kimi diabate - kode
oumou sangare - seya
salif keita - moussolou
group inerage - kuni majagani
amadou & mariam - coulibaly

1 comment:

Carlton Mackey said...

nice playlist...but come on..what do you know about the dirty south? goodie mob? LOL! you don't know about the dirty dirty!

feeling the blog though. musically i'm all over the place too...been using a lot of different sounds in my productions lately. right now, i'm really feeling a young hip hop artist that i've been working with, but air (moon safari), nina simone, and radio head have packed the most punch as far as inspiration lately.

check out pavement dreams...