Monday, August 10, 2009

the last few days...

Meeting some of my favorite Cleve blog people
Continued preparations for my sister's wedding
Late night ice cream runs
Hanging out with Jerusha
Wandering around Ohio City checking out yard sales and drinking ghetto tea
My friend's baptism at a church on the east side
Reconnecting with the Ethiopians
Giving one of 'my kids' a ride and realizing that their housing situation has severe slum landlord issues
Feeling overwhelmed by that and being subsequently no fun for the rest of the evening.
Going back to work with a lot on my mind
Massive afternoon thunderstorms.
Dogsitting for my parents.

Really, late night solitary angsting aside, life is never dull.



"...So much on my mind that I can't recline
Blastin holes in the night til she bled sunshine
Breathe in, inhale vapors from bright stars that shine
Breathe out, weed smoke retrace the skyline
Heard the bass ride out like an ancient mating call
I can't take it y'all, I can feel the city breathin
Chest heavin, against the flesh of the evening
Sigh before we die like the last train leaving..."

No comments: