Monday, August 2, 2010

a new way of seeing

It's been a good few days, reconnecting with a childhood friend I haven't seen in eight years and finding that we picked up even better than we left off, hanging out with the radio people at Edgewater, chilling on front porches and balconies, drinking sangria with ice, dogsitting and conversating and playing with the new camera.

I finally sprung for a Canon Rebel with the funds I'd saved up towards an upright bass. I realized quickly that I really had no clue what I was doing with it, having been in point-and-shoot land for so long.

We went to Chinatown on Friday night, which I wish had more in it, but we saw the same officer who hassled him pulling people over and we decided to make ourselves scarce and went down to the factory buildings by Superior to shoot. I got a quick crash course on how to use the camera, but my night shots still need some work. We were both tired from long days of work so after hitting up the Flats too late to catch any good light, that was pretty much it for us.





I've gotten accustomed to the zoom lens, so it's an adjustment to have to move around to get the shots I want.





I finished out the weekend with dinner with one of my dear fellow artistically minded friends pondering and laughing and trying to solve all the world's problems over beans and rice, thankful that when I moved back here, I've been able to rebuild my life even better than when I left it.

No comments: