Friday, September 5, 2008

undiscovered

my wonderful roommate Jocelyn just clued me in on this:


6th Annual JAZZ at the Rockefeller Greenhouse

Tour the Grounds! Dig the Sounds!


Saturday, September 6, 2008
1:00-4:30 p.m.
750 E. 88th Street
FREE

Looking for a fun way to spend Saturday afternoon? Come to the Rockefeller Park Greenhouse for its popular annual jazz concert, featuring two well-known, locally-based jazz groups-- Annette Keys & Road Trip, and the
Jazz Heritage Orchestra Quintet.

Enjoy free Lolly the Trolley rides through the Cultural Gardens, planting activities and face painting, and sign up to vote. Light refreshments will be available for purchase.

In the event of inclement weather, a rain date is scheduled for Sunday,
September 7.

For more information, call 216-664-3103 or visit http://www.rockefellergreenhouse.org.

I've always loved driving through there, but never actually explored the area for myself. My dad was born off of Ansel Road and spent his early years there before everyone ran for the suburbs and he took me down there on one of the days we used to have when I'd cut class and he showed me the house that he grew up in where all the streets have Polish names.

My grandparents lived over there back in the day, my great uncles played tennis on the courts and ice-skated at the lagoons. I've always wanted to walk down there and now I actually have a chance to.

No comments: