Thursday, August 11, 2011

They sing while you slave and I just get bored.

Because some have nothing better to do with their time than micromanage in true Kafka meets Office Space form, amazing how condescension screams through the detachment of electronic communication, amazing that people care that much about stupid things, though perhaps in their world, things, especially monetary, generally mean more than people. Human resources are just that, something to be exploited to maximum potential until they're used up.

Well, he hands you a nickel,
He hands you a dime,
He asks you with a grin
If you're havin' a good time,
Then he fines you every time you slam the door.


And it's not that I'm unhappy, as things are overall good and even better than they were, but it's hard for me to suffer fools gladly especially those who make triple what I do who tell me that I'm so lucky and so wonderful until I'm not and then even the smallest misstep that no one will notice becomes the end of the world. I'll be working Maggie's Farm for a long time it seems under one person or another.


Well, I try my best
To be just like I am,
But everybody wants you
To be just like them.
They sing while you slave and I just get bored.


I'd rather not be on the radar at all, the subject of no conversation, the recipient of no insincere accolades or unfounded criticism, and on my end, I'm flexible and work hard and do my best not to be passive-aggressive. I'll blame this absurdity on the Vodka Zeppelin floating around the skies of Our Fair City.

I don't mean to be so angry, but I'm already walking on eggshells and I'm clumsy. I pray to God that I don't become bitter, and seek solace in the beauty of wind and water, in the meantime thankful for glasses that hide the tears that are welling up because I'm tired and all this does is remind me of the other slights and condescension. I've been a legal adult for ten years now. I pay taxes and hold down a job just like you do. It'd be nice to be treated like one for a change.


3 comments:

Randal Graves said...

Had a comment, but then realized it was an email rehash, minus the Vodka Zeppelin, of course.

In case you were curious, and I know you were, there's a Simpsons reference using the word 'bitter.'

C'mon, laugh. If you turn into a cranky, curmudgeonly getoffmylawner (not that you don't deserve to rage against the dying of the s-m-r-t), well hell, I'm gonna have to turn atheist.

Anonymous said...

ouch, sorry to hear about the return to the kafkaesque, not sure there is any real escaping it these days, it's more like how much and what does it cost you to stay or go now

Mary Ellen/Nunly said...

Hey! Don't let the creeps get ya down. I'll protect you...lemme at 'em, lemme at 'em!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4trn2lJxl00&feature=related