Monday, January 10, 2011

coptic times

"This will keep you up past midnight."

Due to my massive caffeine consumption, I wasn't expecting a demitasse cup of Ethiopian rocket fuel to do much to me, but she was right. I didn't need dinner with the massive amount of injera, savory stews that mean I will never be vegetarian, and spiced bread served with the strongest coffee I've ever had. Celebrating Christmas 2002 on the Coptic calendar and hearing Siyum joke at our expense about the western world freaking out at the time of Y2K was priceless.

I came home late and full of spicy goodness and somehow did end up staying past midnight drinking ginger tea and watching the entire animated Clerks series loaned to me by my esteemed fellow peon.

I'm exhausted today, but it was a beautiful way to end.

4 comments:

Randal Graves said...

Snoochie boochie coffee noochies. I hope that stuff doesn't have any side effects such as increased work ethic.

that girl said...

I think we need a Quicker Stop with a Coffee Bar.

Randal Graves said...

Only if the Hall of Mirrors offers a greater choice of shopping companions than Leonardo Leonardo.

that girl said...

Parmatown's got enough room for a Hall of Mirrors and it could be hosted by holograms of disaffected purple-haired teens from years past and maybe Bill Clinton eating some pierogis.

It could be the next North of the Border tourist attraction!