Monday, April 19, 2010

you got me...

I got my hair cut and caught up with a friend of mine Friday night and then just chilled. There's always that initial "my hair is gone" shock I go through but it's so nice to have it shorter again but long enough that I can tie it back if needed.

And thanks to Cleveland Scene, me and a friend got to see the Roots for free on Saturday night down at the lovely Allen Theater. The setlist was almost the same as the last time they came through but it was still a great show.

Our seats were up in the balcony, and at first we were wondering if it'd be not as good since last time we were up so close, but I had a good view of the stage and managed to get some blurry photos without my flash, while trying not to get kicked out by the ushers in red jackets who'd been giving us the side-eye since we got there. It's harder to work at crowd at a venue like that with everyone in seats and such, but the energy was there.





I didn't end up going to the afterparty at the b-side because I'm more of a live music girl than a go to the club person. I've tried the famous dj thing before and it's not me, all those people doing see-and-be-seen. I get a rush off live music, and live for those shivers when it just sounds so good.

No comments: