Friday, April 24, 2009

sun and cars

So after all the fun of this weekend, I haven't done too much really, and found myself dead tired on Wednesday night after a lack of sleep due to hanging out and watching Tanzanian music videos with the older brothers of the kids I tutor, and then them coming for guitar-playing and leftover pizza the next evening.

Back in my punkish college days, I used to think that when you get older and get a REAL JOB that your life gets routine and mundane, and that you never do anything. If anything, I'm much more freed up now than I was before, and I'm thankful that I live in an area where friends and places are within walking distance or on the bus line so that people feel cool with calling me up if they're in the area.

I have new neighbors downstairs and while it feels weird to have people my age in close proximity to me again, they seem like good people, and they're friendly. One of the things that I liked about the previous tenants is that there were always people chilling on the front porch and I'm glad the new people have continued that.

My car is evidently going to be implode in the near future, so I'll have to start looking for a new one. I feel at a disadvantage here, knowing nothing about the inner workings and being female. I wish I could be like Maggie in Love and Rockets and be awesome but she's not a real person and I am.



I'm going to be sad to lose the Sexy Saturn, as it's taken me on many adventures through the forgotten parts of Cleveland and carried all manner of people and things, but I'm not feeling like getting my engine rebuilt at this point, and I just want something that won't break down and that won't use too much gas.

I'll be meeting up with one of my lovely coworkers and my former roommate/very very good friend (and significant other) for a poetry talk tonight at CSU. I'm not sure quite what to expect, but at the very least it'll be good to hang with some of my favorite people.
As I explained to someone today, "I don't make plans, they just happen to me." I'm sure that will be in full force as the days get longer and the weather gets warmer.

No comments: