Monday, November 17, 2008

the best-laid plans

So much for the best laid plans. Me and the roommate were tired as anything and promptly went to sleep on Friday night, deferring our music-making for another time when we weren't feeling total exhaustion.

There's a new girl helping out with the kids and she's fantastic. We've split up the group between volunteers which makes things less chaotic and also gives us a chance to work with some of the kids on a more individual level. They all took assessments last week and they're all still at kindergarten level so there's a lot of catching up to do. I was doing some math with some of the older girls and I'm starting to learn everyone's names.

It was so icky and cold outside but we stopped over at Paul's and ended up hanging out with some mutual friends to get pizza, listen to Brazilian music, chill out and talk about the good things, and watch some documentary about bossa nova music that got me all inspired to get my Antonio Carlos Jobim book back from my sister.

Sunday, saw the cousins. Strange to see what happens to all of us as we grow up.

I thought about throwing myself a 25th birthday party but, as usual, realize that this will not happen. Instead of that, I'll just do what I usually do and do some hanging out over the next couple weeks on the small scale with the people in my life that I love.

No comments: