Monday, November 24, 2008

picking up.

There are some people that you meet and you feel like they're in your life for too short of a time and you wish you had more of a chance to get to know them. One of the problems with living in an area with a notorious "brain drain" is that some of the best minds end up leaving and only returning for holidays and funerals.

The one girl was roommates with one of my best friends and when I first moved back here, I loved hanging out with them, sharing a similar love of creating and the Creator, and when she and her fiance got married and moved to the Carolinas where the jobs were, I assumed that would be the last I would see of them.

My sister and I were thrilled when we learned they were moving back to the area, and not just to Cleveland, but to East Cleveland to take the art and the skills they learned and give them back to the community. We're sitting in an apartment overlooking Euclid Avenue, trading ideas and catching up and we didn't realize how much time had passed. It's so good to know there's others who share similar visions and are digging in for the long run.

No comments: