Wednesday, September 15, 2010

run on for a long time...

Despite all that goes on around me, with the day of reckoning near for our corrupt politicians, reeling from the suicides of lost souls, the continual sadness in the greater world, the small conflicts that rage within our souls and with those close to us, there is still a ray of hope and enough to keep me going and not fall into despair and to know that it's not up to me to get revenge or continue that cycle.

My dad was a fan of Johnny Cash and therefore I grew up on quite a bit of him too. I know some of my readers hate on the country music, but this is just its own thing and between the words and the voice... I just get shivers.



"Well you may throw your rock and hide your hand
Workin' in the dark against your fellow man
But as sure as God made black and white
What's done in the dark will be brought to the light

You can run on for a long time
Run on for a long time
Run on for a long time
Sooner or later God'll cut you down
Sooner or later God'll cut you down"

No comments: