Friday, October 17, 2008

every time I feel the shift...

Now that it's getting colder and the days are getting numbered when I can sit on my balcony and read or drive around with the windows down comfortably, playing bouncing summer music and feeling like I have a whole day ahead of me when I leave work.

I'm preparing for the inevitable chill, feeling ready for hoodies and layers, crunchy leaves and curling up with good books, working on art projects that got neglected during the year.

Time to dig out my fall and winter music... all my Seattle sounds and melancholy folkness and trip-hop, everything that makes me think of places where it rains all the time and it's not necessarily a bad thing.

Looking forward to seeing old friends tonight, catching the Dirtbombs at the Beachland, and then sign-painting for the Halloween night party that we're throwing for the neighborhood kids and the Burundi kids tomorrow.

1 comment:

Randal Graves said...

I always feel more creative when it's cold and overcast. The sun is so depressing.

You need to review that Dirtbombs show!