Friday, October 31, 2008

ain't no party like the holy ghost party...

We throw a big Halloween party at my church every year which my friend Paul started almost by accident 4 years ago and it's just grown from there to the point that "The Holy Ghost Party" is something that's become an annual event for the neighborhood. A few hundred kids make their way through to hang out or as a stop on the trick-or-treat route known for having really good candy and lots of it, and this time, there's pizza and live music and all other good things.

This is my first time being a part of it and I've been down there almost every night this week making signs, bagging candy, stringing up Christmas lights and streamers, setting up games. I'll be serving food and taking pictures.

I've been so tired this week, living on sleep when I can catch it and sustained cups of coffee and cans of Arizona green tea, but it's something I'm looking forward to so much that it really doesn't matter.

We're having friends and family in from out of town this weekend, I'm trying to come up with the perfect mix cd for my sister's 21st birthday tomorrow, take care of last minute things that seem to come up, even with the chaos life is good.

No comments: