Tuesday, January 6, 2009

playlist 1-6-09

erykah badu - penitentiary philosophy
gnarls barkley - who's gonna save my soul
d'angelo - spanish joint
celestine ukwu - okwukwe na nchekwube
kittu - baby let's dance together (bollywood)
soul coughing - super bon bon
morcheeba - on the rhodes again
the verve - rolling people
oumou sangare - djorolen
cat power - cross bones style
his name is alive - your cheating heart
alice russell - someday
dorothy ashby - games
malatu astake - asmarina
don isaac ezekiel combination - amalinja
amadou & mariam - c'est comme ca
joe strummer & the mescaleros - bummed out city
the clash - one more time
U2 - the fly
wanda sa - meditacao
randy watson experience - morning bell
folk implosion - no need to worry

I lost my playlist from last week but here's a smattering of what I played.

the roots w/ roy ayers - proceed
tribe called quest - we got the jazz
kid koala - third world lover
shiffai - never forget
roy hargrove w/ d'angelo - i'll stay
funkadelic - you and your folks, me and my folks
jurassic 5 - break
common - the light
tricky - joseph
femi kuti - beng beng beng
althea & donna - uptown top ranking
cafe tacuba - tengo todo
various 60's era African vinyl
his name is alive - this world is not my home
tanya donnelly - heart of gold (neil young cover)
REM - orange crush
king tubby - meets the rockers uptown

No comments: